Close Gaps in Patient Engagement and Care Management across the Chronic Care Continuum
Very often after a patient leaves the hospital, care is disjointed or reactive due to inefficient collaboration across the care pathways. Healthcare can no longer afford to shut the front doors of its hospitals. On the other hand the pathways to the outpatient mode can be complex and include clinics, nursing homes, rehab centers, Home Health Agencies or the patient’s home. With outcome-based reimbursement, the perimeter of the hospital shifts to where the patient resides. IntelliH bridges the care pathways by providing a 360-degree view of the patient to multi-disciplinary care teams. As chronic and post-operative patients leave the front door of the hospital, intelliH delivers a holistic approach to care teams using meaningful, coordinated and proactive services.
IntelliH – Extending the perimeter of the hospital to where the patient lives Reimagining chronic patient management through Digital Health and Virtual Care
Cloud SaaS- Multi-Tenant
IntelliH is a Cloud based SaaS solution built around a secure HIPAA compliant architecture. This allows a hospital system to enable secure access to care teams, patients and caregivers anytime, anywhere and any place as long as they have an Internet connection.
IntelliH integrates the diverse eco systems of inpatient and outpatient rehab centers, skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes, home health agencies, Patient centered medical homes, clinics and acute care hospitals by providing shared patient context. The intelliH Care coordinator dashboard allows interaction with patients and with other team members to share context and to coordinate care. IntelliH integrates with EMR systems and can pull patient care plans, clinical and demographic information, medication summary data as well as summaries of the last encounter. Care coordinators can schedule Telehealth visits with patients through a care coordinator calendar. Medical Assistants can schedule Telehealth calls directly through their EMR or via IntelliH.
Multi Disease enablement
IntelliH dynamically configures patient management tools by profiling multiple diseases including diabetes and chf. However, the solution can be tailored for any disease or post-operative condition by enabling appropriate monitoring with relevant device sensors as well as the setting of appropriate vitals thresholds.
Clinical administrators can configure patient monitoring for appropriate disease modules by setting relevant alert thresholds on the IntelliH clinical admin web tool. The patient smartphone App will automatically configure itself to the disease being monitored requiring no further app upgrades.
Internet of Health Things
IntelliH integrates with a wide variety of FDA approved consumer devices. These include FDA approved Glucometers, weight scales, blood pressure monitors, SpO2 pulse oximeters, digital stethoscopes and fitness devices such as Fitbit and Runkeeper. IntelliH will soon expand the integrated set of devices to include an Otoscope, a stethescope and a dermascope. Device integration with IntelliH uses iOS or Android smartphones as device aggregators.
IntelliH allows patients to interact with their healthcare team through an App on iOS or Android enabled smartphones or tablets. The App configures automatically to the patient’s disease profile using settings created by a Medical or Clinical admin on the IntelliH web tool via its cloud platform. The App aggregates patient data either from devices or via manual input. The App displays data from vitals, activity, diet, medications, goals, care plans, personal assessments and disease specific customizable questionnaires. Patients can interact with their care teams via secure Text, Health tweets as well as high definition Video.
The first generation of virtual care solutions focused on orthogonal video-based interactions- IntelliH expands the virtual care universe by enabling multi party consults so physicians, specialists and even language translators or family care givers can participate in a Telehealth call. IntelliH understands that virtual interactions call for a variety of use cases – Business to Business, Business to Patients, Business to Business to Patients. IntelliH incorporates a variety of use cases to enable each of these collaboration models. IntelliH implements Telehealth using standards based WebRTC as well as Cisco’s Cloud based SPARK collaboration suite.
Multi-Disciplinary Team Collaboration
IntelliH provides a single pane of glass to engage a multi-disciplinary team in the care of chronic patients. Secure text, High definition video with click to call, an analytic framework that delivers threshold based as well as smart alerts enables a collaborative ecosystem that proactively manages chronic or post-operative patients.
IntelliH is the only system that configures to the eco-system. It accommodates complex business structures such as Accountable Care Organizations, Patient centered medical homes or even stand-alone Nursing Homes or rehabilitation facilities. The solution can be tailored for stand-alone business as well as integrated delivery networks.
System of Intelligence
IntelliH stratifies patients by risk and post-discharge tracks the risk of readmission dynamically using monitored data, tweets, self-assessments as well as questionnaires. Patent pending video based automated medicine reconciliation tools deliver operational efficiencies and help improve outcomes. Patients can be tracked for disease progression using heat maps, frequency of interactions tools and threshold based and smart alerts systems . IntelliH helps care coordinators prioritize care using insights delivered by its analytics engine.
IntelliH enables one-on-one virtual education to patients such as between a remoted diabetes educator and a diabetic patient. It also allows Video on demand to be shared with patients that can be consumed at will. IntelliH video-based interactions can be used for proctoring purposes as it allows sharing documents as well as videos and on the job training.
IntelliH System of Orchestration and Intelligence
Chronic care management is a multi-disciplinary approach usually orchestrated by care coordinators in collaboration with Home Health Agencies, Social services, Medical Assistants, Physicians and specialists.
IntelliH enables a system of engagement and orchestration of care integrating care coordination workflows. Dedicated dashboards for this multi-disciplinary team allows care teams to coordinate and orchestrate care.
Healthcare is an event driven environment. IntelliH captures events through IoT devices that track blood sugar, weight, blood pressure, activity, diet, medications, health tweets and responses to disease specific questionnaires
IntelliH System of Intelligence dynamically analyzes these events to provide care teams timely context to enable proactive and meaningful engagement.
IntelliH System of Intelligence provides for:
- Patient risk stratification and dynamic assessment of risk post discharge
- Smart alerts that go beyond threshold-based alerts
- Medication reconciliation management
- Analysis of health tweets
- Comprehensive disease specific doctor reports
- Trend charts
IntelliH Benefit with Customizable Pathways
- Remote Patient Monitoring using wireless based devices – Digital stethoscopes, Blood pressure cuffs, SpO2, Weight , EKG, Otoscopes, consumer devices such as Fitbit to stream data to the IntelliH cloud where it is analyzed to track disease progress and to raise alerts for proactive intervention
- Virtual collaboration encompasses a wide variety of use cases for cardiology, dermatology, behavioral, oncology as well as chronic and post-operative patient management. These virtual encounters take place in various settings- the patients’ home, clinics, rural hospitals, nursing homes – basically B2C (home settings), B2B2C (clinic, rural hospital and nursing home settings), B2B (Specialist to Primary care, care coordinator to physician/specialist, physician to pharmacist etc.). IntelliH accommodates a wide variety of use cases for collaboration as patients navigate the post-hospitalization pathways
- Chronic and Post-operative patients also move through various pathways once discharged – this could be in recovery centers, nursing homes, extended care facilities or at the patient’s home managed by Home Health Agencies or otherwise. IntelliH is the only platform that has the flexibility to configure to this range of settings and touchpoints in patient management
- Analytics plays a critical role in the management of patients outside the perimeter of the hospital. IntelliH incorporates strong analytical frameworks and insights to track a patient’s risk dynamically using patent pending video-based medication reconciliation tools, disease condition heatmaps, emotion state analysis engines and comprehensive doctor reports that allow hospitals to proactively manage patients and reduce readmissions.
- Patient 360 – it is important to share patient context across the care eco system. With creative cloud-based dashboards IntelliH brings in all the key players allowing context to be shared through “a single pane of glass.”
- IntelliH has standards based WebRTC based collaboration. For those customers that have made significant investment in CISCO Collaboration –IntelliH integrates CISCO SPARK , Cisco’s flagship collaboration suite
- Educational video as well as remote chronic condition education